Sunday 10 October 2010

Decisions, Decisions!

I really hate making decisions - I tend to make the wrong ones most of the time. SO I could really use a bit of help here from all you experts out there.

I need to upgrade my phone. My old trusty Touch HD is starting to show some faults. Now I could claim under Orange Care and get a new one - but as I am eligible for an upgrade that seems to be the better option.

I have already had a play with the HTC Desire and the Samsung Galaxy S since Orange don't seem to be doing any new Windows Mobile phones any more.

Desire: I liked it a lot! The screen is a little smaller than my HD but not too much. It all seemed to work fine after I managed to switch from Windows Mobile mindset to Android mindset!

Samsung: Hmm - The screen is amazing! But, unfortunately, there are far too many little niggling faults with the firmware. According to some research, many of these are fixed in later releases but I can't get those because it is a branded device!

The other choice is to wait and see if/when Orange release the Desire HD and try that out first. I read somewhere that the Desire HD has failed Google testing which will delay its release until November?

Are the advantages of the HD (bigger screen, better camera and what else?) worth waiting for considering that I don't take that many pictures/videos.

I can't seem to find details about the two Desires ability to shoot video. I know that the Samsung can (claims?) do HD video at 30fps. Can either of the Desires manage that?

Of course I am far too eager to get a new toy to wait very long!!

So - any ideas people?
All help appreciated.

PS - see also this post at modaco.

No comments:

Post a Comment